Got questions? We’ve got answers!
How do I create a line sheet?First of all — welcome! Linesheets are our business, and we’re here to teach you how to make a line sheet that’s easy, professional and effective. The basic process requires just six simple steps:
- Upload or import your products
- Choose the products you want to add to your line sheet or hit Select All to import the whole lot
- Choose a product layout
- Populate your template with your products by adding them to the workspace
- Choose and swap layouts, cover pages and dividers as needed
- Click on preview, rearrange pages, make final editing tweaks and save your masterpiece
- Download the resulting PDF
- Send it directly to buyers using your email through the app or on your own
How do I add or delete products when making my line sheet?All products you include in your line sheet need to be added to the workspace first. To do that, you’ll need to:
- Create a new line sheet or open an existing one
- Go to the right-hand sidebar and add or remove products as needed
Can I duplicate a product?Of course! In the Products section, select the product(s) you want to duplicate, then click the "Duplicate" button and your new product is created just under the original — it’s that easy!
Can I select and add all my products at once?Absolutely! It’s another functionality built in to save you time so you can customize your line sheet template and get to the finish line faster:
- Click on your "Product Catalog"
- Select all the products you want
- Click on "Create"
- Select the template you want
- Presto! All the products are automatically imported to your workspace
How can I upload my products from another platform?Learning how to upload products makes populating your line sheet quick and easy. It’s a simple process:
- Click on "Add Products"
- Select the platform your products are currently hosted on and sign in to your storefront using your login credentials
- Select the products you’d like to import
- Set the wholesale price
- Click "Import"
Which platforms does Linesheets support for importing purposes?Currently, we can facilitate product imports from the following e-commerce platforms:
- PINNACLE CART
How can I upload files in bulk if I don’t have an existing e-commerce storefront to import from?We get it — no one wants to go product by product if they don’t have to. To start a bulk upload, you’ll first need to download a CSV template. To do that:
- Click on "Products"
- Select the “Upload via Simple CSV File” option from the menu in the "Import Products" box
- Download the file
- Add data to the template and upload the finished CSV file
How do I look at and/or choose a new layout template?You can choose a layout anytime you start a new line sheet but you can also select an existing line sheet from your saved folder and swap templates. Either way, you’ll click on "Customize" on the right sidebar and opt for the new layout you like best.
How do I add cover pages and dividers?A cover page can help with branding and presentation while dividers organize your products into collections and other sales-ready packages. To add some to your line sheet:
- Create a new line sheet or open an existing one from your saved files
- Click on "Customize" on the right sidebar
- Choose the template cover page you want
- Upload a new image and/or logo
- Add some text such as a collection title, season, etc.
How do I add cover pages and dividers?You can edit a template to include new information or change the information you entered into a line sheet you created previously. Either way, the process is the same:
- Choose a new line sheet or open an existing one
- Add products to the workspace
- Select a product, click on the edit icon on the top bar and make the desired changes
- Click save to preserve our edits or discard to revert to the previously listed information
Can I email my line sheet directly buyers within the Linesheets web app?Absolutely! In fact, that’s one of our favorite functionalities. There are three ways to email within the app:
- 1. After you complete and download your line sheet PDF, our app will prompt you to “Email line sheet to your contacts” (i.e. buyers, wholesalers or anyone willing to write you a check). Choose that option and you can select the contacts you’d like to send your line sheet to, add a little personalized note, then click "Send."
- 2. Go to your contact section on your dashboard. There you’ll find the option to add email addresses manually, import them from your current mail hosting service such as Outlook, Gmail or iCloud, or upload them in bulk from your own computer using our simple CSV file. Once the contacts are added, select the contact or multiple contacts you want to send you line sheets to, then select the line sheet PDFs you want to attach, add a quick personalized note and click "Send."
- 3. Go to the line sheets section, select the previously created line sheet(s) you want to send, click the email function, select from your current contacts (they will auto-populate as you type in their names) or add a new email address in the “To:” field. Add a quick note to your buyers and click "Send."