6 Easy Ways to Make a Product Sell Sheet
Some things in life will always be hard — making a line sheet shouldn’t be one of them. If you’ve been banging your head against your keyboard in frustration after losing sales due to lackluster line sheets, it’s time to rev up production and ramp up quality.
6 Ways to Ease Line Sheet Production
Making line sheets can be time-consuming … at least they used to be. There are plenty of ways to speed up the process so you can spend less time on the computer and more time pitching. Here’s are six ways to make your product sell sheet with remarkable ease:
Learn: What Is a Line Sheet?
1. Ask for Help
We totally understand the urge to DIY as many aspects of your business as possible. You’ve built your brand from the ground up, and it’s that desire for greatness that’s gotten you this far. That said, you can’t do everything. You can try, but that’s a recipe for burnout. As your business continues to grow, delegation is increasingly crucial. There are certain tasks only you can see to, and every time you take a few hours out of your day to dabble in graphic design or wrangle with an unfamiliar photo editing program, you’re sacrificing something else.
Clear the way for a more productive day by using a web-based Linesheets app. With everything from a user-friendly interface to integrated email capabilities at your disposal, you’ll be free to redirect your attention to where your skills are best spent without sacrificing quality results.
Has making manual line sheets burnt you out? Learn more about Linesheets — the tool that makes your job easier.
2. Use an App
Why use a web-based app instead of a mobile one or a separate piece of software? There are so many reasons:
- Universal connectivity. Unlike software that has to be downloaded and then lives on a single, isolated device, you can sign in to your web-based app whenever, wherever. All you need is an internet-ready device and an internet connection.
- Regular, automatic upgrades. Outdated software is a pain. You don’t have time to deal with bugs or search for new versions when you’ve got a buyer on the line. Web-based apps live in the cloud, where developers can push an update anytime. Rather than signing in and being greeted by one of those pesky “schedule your update” pop-ups, you just get to work and enjoy new features at will.
- Speed. Open your browser, sign in to Linesheets, open a template or work-in-progress, and create. No waiting for software to load or, even worse, opening up multiple programs to create a single sell sheet. What could be easier than an all-in-one solution?
3. Utilize Templates
Imagine a road trip without GPS. Back in the day, people used to unfold paper maps the size of Texas and still couldn’t actually find Texas. Unless you’re a pro designer, making a line sheet from scratch is a lot like trying to find your way across the country without Siri as your guide.
Line sheet templates pave the way for not only an easier process but also for a more comprehensive final product. You’ll know exactly what you need to include, where to put it and how to line everything up so it looks like gold.
4. Use Your Existing Specs
Plugging in specs one by one can be mind-numbingly tedious, but in some cases, it’s a necessary evil. That said, it’s monumentally easier if you can just import info from an existing database and call it a day. The new web-based app Linesheets allows you to do just that.
If you already have a website, you can download a CSV or Excel file full of your product details, then import it with a click of the mouse. Select the products you want to include on a sheet-by-sheet basis and finetune them as you see fit. Voila! You’ve created a line sheet in a fraction of the time it used to take you.
5. Simplify Your Ideas
Sometimes more isn’t better … it’s just more. The goal of a product sell sheet is to highlight the actual product and encourage buyers to opt-in. You want to get your inventory on shelves — real, virtual or both. To do that, you have to connect with buyers and show them why you deserve the chance to shine over your competition.
A cluttered line sheet won’t get the job done. The more colors, fonts and other graphic elements you include, the harder it becomes for your audience to keep their eyes on the prize. Here are three tips to creating a gorgeous yet simple line sheet:
- Stick to the basics. Include the information a buyer needs to know but keep flowery descriptions and storytelling to a minimum unless you’re sure they’re going to help convert.
- Give white space the respect it deserves. Don’t fill up your document from edge to edge. White space allows your readers’ eyes to rest and helps important elements to stand out.
- Get attention with collections. Instead of shoving all your products onto one page, use different layouts to highlight seasonal collections, new releases or even a single superstar product.
Find Out: Why Do I Need Line Sheets?
6. Don’t Redesign — Tweak
Why build a brand-new line sheet when you can take one you already have and make it work for you all over again? If you commission a line sheet from an agency or another third party, you’re most likely going to get stuck with a pretty, single-use sheet. It’s great for the project at hand, but that’s it.
Need to update your color availability? That’ll be another charge, thank you very much. Want to switch out a product in a collection to reflect a buyer’s request for more sterling silver and less gold? You’ll be paying for that change, too.
When you use Linesheets to create your very own beauty or jewelry sell sheet, you can pop in and out and make adjustments whenever the mood strikes. No restrictions, no extra fees. Just on-demand editing powered by your internet-ready device.
To make creating line sheets easier than ever before, sign up for Linesheets today. Soaring sales numbers await.
More From Linesheets
Photo credit: Roman Samborskyi/Shutterstock.com
On The Road to Success, Stress Is Optional.
Make your day easier with Linesheets, the affordable, professional line sheet tool that's so helpful it's downright heroic.Get Started